I was just planning for a family vacation, so as to relax from the hectic schedule of daily life. In fact, I had planned it earlier as well on the onset of the new year-2011, but for some official reasons that was dropped. This time I didn’t want to miss it. What may come up?
To have a complete tension-free trip I was not planning to carry my laptop. However, I was worried about the incoming e-mails on my Hotmail account.
I called up Hotmail Support for the same. I speak with one of its technician, who then helped me to set up an automatic vacation reply. He instructed me to do as:
- Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click “Options”, and then click “More” options.
- Under “Manage your account”, click “Automated vacation replies”.
- Click “Send vacation replies” to people who e-mail me.
- In the text box, type the reply that you want people to receive while you’re away, and then click “Save”.
Later, the technician helped me to setup and configure the Hotmail account with my Android phone so that I can stay connected and respond to important mails, if required.
You can follow the steps as given below:
Mail > Menu > More > New Account
Set the account type as “Other (POP3/IMAP)” and select “Manual Setup”
Set up your POP3 email Google Android, and enter following:
- Email address – the e-mail address that you are going to be using (e.g. email@example.com)
- Username – This will be the user name you were given when the account was created (usually the full email address for the account, complete with @ symbol)
- Password – The password will also have been supplied to you, please note the password is case sensitive
- POP Server – In the same way that your website with us is found at http://www.yourdomainname.co.uk the Host Name needs to be set to mail.yourdomainname.co.uk
- Security Type- From the list of options, select “none”.
- Server Port – Change port number to 110
It worked well! Thanks Hotmail Help, for making my vacation cool and warm.
Since, then I have added Hotmail number in my contact.